ALFRED JAMES KISUBI MEMORIAL INTEGRATED EDUCATION CENTER
Multipurpose hall 1000 seater, Health center of 15 to 20 beds and theatre facility, Full football and athletics track consider artificial track and seating build into the slopes of the land
Chapel(for half of students capacity). Dining room and kitchen for students to be separate.
Total Estimated cost: 15.8 million US dollars
Proposed curriculum by Education Consultants
- Drop outs that can not get back into mainstream education will undertake 12 week/3 months courses with modules that will empower them through production skills for income generating through self employment or skills to be employable’ and domestic science/cultural orientation.
- 50 women or girls per intake. Admissions would be every month so that we run the course with 150 students at any one time.
- Students' performance in the modules would create a history of their academic and skills potential to determine who would be invited back and for what career direction they would follow.
- Regular UNEB courses would be conducted for O level and A level. Classes will be of 40 students per stream 5 streams. 1,200 students at full capacity.
For other UNEB and other examination Board courses there would be room for 150. Some of these may be 6 months/ 36 weeks.
- All students would go through some core compulsory courses to ensure Values are instilled, and Agriculture skills.
Total enrollment being 1,500 of which 1,400 will be boarding/resident.
Education Consultants September 2007 to 2011.
- Mr. Arthur Bagunywa (Curriculum Expert)
- Alfred James Kisubi (R.I.P)
- Omukungu Erenest Ssempebwa
- Mr. Tom K. Mugoya
- Mzee Andrew Adimola
- Mrs. Jessy Taafasi Isabirye
- Prof. Asavia Wandira
- Ms. Labeka Okwong
Rescource persons from Acholi sub region:
- Rtd Col. Walter Ochora (R.I.P)
- Mr. Mcmott Deputy Chairperson Gulu District Council
- Hon. Betty Bigombe
- Amuru District Council 2009-2010